How to get a baby brother…

Lately, our 5-year-old has been telling me constantly that she really wishes she could have a baby brother. She has all kinds of logical arguments as to why it would be great.

The other day, while she was practicing her violin, she stopped and asked me again. I told her that just because she wants a baby brother, mom doesn’t just magically have another baby in her tummy.

“I know how to get a baby brother in your tummy,” she said.

“You do?”

“Yes. You put your hands on your back like this (then shows me), and you walk around really funny, then a baby brother comes in your tummy. Then it hurts a lot and he comes out.”

Can you tell someone’s seen a certain movie too many times lately?

What? That doesn't work? LOLI remember that my younger siblings would occasionally pester Mom & Dad about another baby, LOL… but I don't know how early they started! ;-)

January 28, 2009 at 10:10 pm

January 28, 2009 at 10:10 pm

3. Chantile

LOL wow.. if that was the way to get one, I’m pretty sure I would have had twins after my coughing-induced back pain, ’cause I walked around like that for about a month! :) lol I love your kids!! :) And see how cultured they are? “…while she was practicing her violin…” lol you pretty much had to threaten me to practice mine! :) lol you’re awesome ;)

January 28, 2009 at 10:34 pm

4. Chantile

January 28, 2009 at 10:34 pm

5. Ann

Ohhhh…it’s not always real easy to get her to practice. She started talking about a baby to stall practicing…LOL :)

January 28, 2009 at 10:40 pm

6. Ann

January 28, 2009 at 10:40 pm

7. Tom and Natalie

That is awesome! Maybe I should try that and I could have a baby!

January 30, 2009 at 4:26 am

8. Tom and Natalie

That is awesome! Maybe I should try that and I could have a baby!

January 30, 2009 at 4:26 am

Uh oh. Does that mean I’m pregnant??? Because I swear I walk like that right now… Nope, mine is just uncoordination and old-ness. Yes, I made up that word.

February 7, 2009 at 6:24 am

February 7, 2009 at 6:24 am

By the way, did you tell her she’s going to play back-up in our band??? Maybe she’ll practice harder now.

February 7, 2009 at 6:25 am