Exquisite moment

Tonight while we were getting ready for bed, I had a feeling to hold one of my little girls for a minute. She just turned five and always has some great insights into life. I pulled her onto my lap and held her close for a minute.

She didn’t say anything for a little while, which is quite unusual for her. She just nestled for a little while. Then she looked up and me and said, “Mom, I know the Church is true. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet.” She was even a little teary-eyed. (Me, too.) She’s been saying things like this lately, but I really wanted to take this moment and talk about it. I asked her how she knew those things. She said, “The Spirit told me in my heart this morning.” This morning I had seen her sitting quietly in a chair, reading The Friend. There was a story in there about Joseph Smith that she studied for quite some time.

I could have known no greater joy than in that quiet moment with my daughter. Every moment, this is my goal: to help my children to gain their own knowledge of the truthfulness of the Gospel, and of Christ’s love for them!

And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins.
2 Nephi 25:26

1. chantilita

That is the coolest thing!! :) What a special moment!!

June 12, 2008 at 5:23 am

2. chantilita

That is the coolest thing!! :) What a special moment!!

June 12, 2008 at 5:23 am

3. Kirk

Exactly!! And how wonderful that you had the inspiration to just wait and hear that tender heart! Just wait – those little “proofs” that they are really “getting it” are *so* special. And they get even sweeter as they grow up and come act on them in their own lives! :)Mom

June 12, 2008 at 1:54 pm

4. Kirk

June 12, 2008 at 1:54 pm

*sniffle*What an amazing little (?) girl! Thank you so much for sharing!!! What a beautiful moment. Makes me really REALLY want Kiddo to start reading, too… and make *myself* develop the discipline to read The Friend with him :-).(Love the new b/g, btw!)

June 12, 2008 at 6:58 pm

June 12, 2008 at 6:58 pm

7. Tara and Dan Stewart

How precious!! This is truly what life is all about…

June 26, 2008 at 4:49 pm

8. Tara and Dan Stewart

How precious!! This is truly what life is all about…

June 26, 2008 at 4:49 pm