A birthday and an announcement…

My birthday was this weekend. It was perfect. Quite possibly the best birthday I’ve ever had. We just spent time together as a family, and it was heaven for me.

We drove to Estes Park on Saturday, to just enjoy the air and the quiet together.

My little women. :)

My best friend.

What a sweetie. :)

Who gets to be married to that handsome man? :)
Playing by the lake was so pleasant and so peaceful.
It was heaven to just leave the rush behind for a day.

We spent a lot of time throwing the foxtail around, too. :)

It was a happy and perfect day, which was such a gift to us, as so much turmoil and sadness and difficulty has been going on in the world and with so many of our loved ones. It has all weighed on all of us, and it was such a blessing to have a day to reflect on the blessings of life, rather than being overshadowed by the difficulties.

…and I suppose I’d like to use my birthday post to announce something that many of you do not know yet.

This is one of the greatest miracles that has ever happened in my life. More about this miracle later. :)

1. Debra Domenici

Matt, Ann and family,I am so excited to see and hear this wonderful news. I know that was something that you had been struggling with not being able to do again. The Lord works in miraculous ways. I am so happy for you. When are you due? Prayers for a boy for all of you! We really need to visit sometime soon! We love and miss all of you!Debbie

October 21, 2009 at 3:19 pm

2. Rebecca

Ann! Congratulations! And happy birthday! I can't wait to hear the story.P.S. I like that picture of your three girls running and it looks like they are all flying.

October 21, 2009 at 3:56 pm

3. Chantile

You look so beautiful! :) And you are in one of my most favorite places on earth in those photos! :) Happy Birthday! :)

October 21, 2009 at 4:16 pm

4. Jessie Mae

You look beautiful :) I am so happy for you! I'm continually amazed and reminded of amazing miracles this year… We have had so many. I couldn't be happier for you. I know how badly you have all wanted this :) I wish I could tell you just how much I love you and how hard we have prayed for you. What a perfect birthday. I love you.

October 21, 2009 at 5:17 pm

5. Nicole

i love it… i wish i were there on that perfect day. it looked beautiful… happy day for you and your family… we're thrilled.

October 21, 2009 at 6:14 pm

6. Ryan and Evelyn

Congratulations!!!! So very happy for you and your family! What a wonderful celebration :)

October 21, 2009 at 9:45 pm

7. Ashlee

Congrats. That is so exciting that you will be having another wonderful child.

October 26, 2009 at 10:06 pm

WHAT IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How am I just now finding out about this!!!!!!!??? Oh my goodness, I am going to cry!! I can't contain my excitement for you! Oh Ann, I am literally jumping for joy!! I need to call you…

November 9, 2009 at 4:58 am