Nakupenda

Today our family walked to honor the Congolese women who will be running soon.  It was a very cold and windy, but wonderful.

I love my family.  I love their compassion, their awareness, and their love.

As we walked in the mud and the cold, my mind was full of these beautiful women, and I longed to tell them, too:

“You’ve changed my life.  You’ve given me perspective and hope.

Nakupenda.
Je t’aime.
I love you.”

1. Nicole

i have literally been thinking about you all day. i ran this morning…. it has been a while since i have. i'm so proud of you and that family of yours. i know the women in the congo will feel the love.

February 14, 2010 at 3:10 am

2. c h a n t i l e

You all have such beautiful hearts!! I love you so much! You are doing wonderful things and helping more than you know!! I love you!!! The women of Congo are in my heart and in my prayers. The stories I hear constantly inspire and amaze me. I think they must be some of the most beautiful and strong women in the world!

February 14, 2010 at 3:41 am

3. Debra Domenici

I am glad that the weather cooperated for you today! You look wonderful! We love you and miss you!

February 14, 2010 at 6:09 am

4. GlobalGramma

Dear Ann and Matt and Family… your photos and your walk and the generosity of your love have me in tears. Thank you, thank you, thank you!Ann ShannonPortland, OR

February 15, 2010 at 8:36 am

5. matt

It was cold, but well worth it to sacrifice a little warmth to do our little part to show support for these women who have inspired my family and me.I hope that we can pass that along with our daughters and friends!It's amazing how just taking a couple minutes on a weekend can give you such great perspective, and hopefully give hope to others!

February 15, 2010 at 7:33 pm

6. Krista

*sniffle* (Seems like that's my first response to most of your posts, LOL!) I'm so glad! Kiddo and I will have to go for a walk sometime soon – thank you so much for the inspiration! :)

February 15, 2010 at 9:57 pm

7. Evelyn

What a wonderful thing to do! You are truly amazing and such an inspiration to all!

February 17, 2010 at 7:55 pm