Miracles

It’s amazing how “what matters” changes in a moment.

I’m grateful for miracles tonight.  For prayers spoken and answered.

I’m grateful my little Loves are all home with me tonight.  All of them will be tucked into their own beds and I will kiss all six heads before they drift off to sleep.  I will curl up in Matt’s delicious arms again.

Two nights ago, she was this close to getting intubated or even having a tracheotomy.  That’s how bad it was.  Thinking about it is like remembering a nightmare.

Tonight, she’s here with us all again and we can help her in the comfort and safety of home.

Blessed am I.

There’s still plenty to worry about and bills to pay and six children to make well again.  But I’ve learned that the secret to a happy life is not a lack of troubles or worries.

It’s being awake to the miracles and the mercies all around us, every moment.

1. Rachel B.

Oh, I’m so glad to hear this. I had no idea it got that bad. That is scary! Thanks for this post…It really is about perspective and Reese spilling red slurpee on the carpet today is not the end of the world. Glad you got to kiss all 6 of those sweet little heads tonight.

June 8, 2012 at 10:29 pm

2. jen

Yes Maam. Ain’t it the truth? My little gal has had a stomachache since Wednesday and I am freaking out. May be on the way to urgent care today, it is wait and see after giving her a second suppository and medicine for three days. I skipped church this morning…i am sure God will forgive me…lol

hang in there mama. they are each so lucky to have you!

jen

June 10, 2012 at 8:55 am

3. Debbie Domenici

Oh, what a rough year your precious family has had! What a scary time when you are facing this with a loved one! I know that this was very scary for me and my family when I had pneumonia and Nellis was told to be prepared to sign the papers for intubation at any moment. I cannot even imagine facing this with your child. So happy to hear that she is home with her sisters and you were able to tuck all of your girls into their own beds! We love you guys and miss you!

June 11, 2012 at 7:36 am

4. So glad she’s home!!

June 11, 2012 at 10:43 am

5. I’m behind in my blog reading and I’m just seeing your last two posts. I hope all is well and that she’s recovering quickly!

June 12, 2012 at 10:04 pm

6. you’ve had so many of these scary moments recently. your strength is amazing. keep strong.

June 21, 2012 at 9:53 pm

7. Sarah Burgoyne

I am so glad she is doing better. I wish we lived closer so I could be of service :(

June 25, 2012 at 5:27 pm