Arrival

She’s here.
So many have said to me in the past few days, “You’ve arrived.  You’re finally here, where you’ve been waiting to be.”
The funny thing about this arrival, and really all arrivals, is that they never happen quite how we plan.
They are often more difficult than we could have anticipated.  But when you look back, the blessings of the arrival are astonishing.
The tender mercies are so abundant, it isn’t possible to number them.
Another thing I have learned about arrivals is that they aren’t really “arrivals” at all, not like I always envision.
They are brief, glorious moments in time along a longer journey.
I always imagine the “arrival” being a place to slow down, stop, and rest for a while.
But really, it never does stop or slow.
We arrive at a new moment, and quickly, life moves us forward.
The journey is full of ups and downs.

High points…

…and low points.

Our little family has been so blessed this week, though it has been a week full of new and very unexpected experiences, we have been blessed, so much so that it brings tears to my eyes to try to think about it.

We have been blessed with a new daughter, precious, perfect, and beautiful.

She arrived safely, early Monday morning, in spite of a difficult birth and exhausted parents.

The heavenly help was palpable.  The spirit this new little one has brought to our home has been one of heavenly presence.

I am in awe.

We have been blessed with love this week.  The kindness of friends who have gone out of their way for us has been astonishing.  It has been a challenging week, and I find myself being grateful at every moment for my parents coming.  I have no idea what we would have done without them this week.  Matt’s parents have also provided a love and a sense of constancy that I have needed so much.

Our family is traveling on this road together, making our way through this journey.  The bumps, turns, and occasional arrivals are all wound together.

In the arriving moments, we see a glorious glimpse of just how blessed we are, and just how merciful the Lord has been.

1. Jessie Mae

Love that sweet little baby. I hope you are all well. I love you. She is beautiful and amazing!

March 18, 2010 at 6:40 pm

2. c h a n t i l e

This absolutely had me in tears!! I'm so glad she's here! I can't wait to see you all next week!

March 18, 2010 at 7:22 pm

3. Rebecca

Congratulations! She's perfect. I love the pictures of all of your daughters holding and kissing her. What a special time!

March 18, 2010 at 8:14 pm

4. Sarah Burgoyne

Congratulations! She is adorable but I want to know her name! Did I miss it?

March 19, 2010 at 12:13 am

5. Alison

CONGRATS!! What a beautiful baby, and that picture of the girls with balloons on the couch is so precious!!! I am so grateful that all is well, although it sounds like it was a crazy week!! Can't wait to hear more!

March 19, 2010 at 3:07 am

6. Annie Sunshine

Congratulations again! What beautiful pictures. I LOVE her headband, it is gorgeous! What a wonderful collection of girls you have. I am glad this arrival brought such happiness to your home and everyone is safe and sound…well minus the broken leg.

March 19, 2010 at 3:19 am

7. The Arizona Richters

congratulations to you all – you've all done so much to make this moment happen so wonderfully!she's beautiful – love the face pic. Sorry to hear about Ashley and Eden? I hope you all have better 'luck' as the month gives… ;0)

March 19, 2010 at 3:51 am

8. SuzyQ

Congrats! She is so beautiful. I am so happy that she is here and you are all doing well. Those are amazing pictures of all you girls together. What beautiful girls you have!

March 19, 2010 at 8:07 am

9. Nicole

finally!!!!!! i've been dying to see this post. love the photos and the words. ann, i've been thinking of you and am OS PROUD of you. you keep pushing and becoming something grand on this earth.

March 19, 2010 at 2:23 pm

10. Debra Domenici

Ann, you have such a beautiful way of saying things. I am in tears here wishing that we lived closer and we could be there more for you. We miss you so much more than you realize. I am so happy for your family! You have been truly blessed with beautiful girls and these pictures are amazing. We love you and CONGRATULATIONS!!!

March 19, 2010 at 8:50 pm

Oh, Ann! She is so precious! I just want to squeeze her little cheeks. I am so happy for you and your family!

May 10, 2010 at 3:35 am