I’m going to miss this

It was quite a night. A night any mom would understand!

I had waited up for my husband to get home…he works late. We love to talk, so we talked until about 4:00 am and realized it was definitely time for bed!! Of course, that’s when one little one wakes up. I rocked her until 6:30 when the baby woke up and needed me to nurse her. The other one still wasn’t asleep, I still hadn’t slept, and I had a dr. appointment at 10:00 this morning.

Needless to say, the long night had just begun. :) After trying many different things to get everyone comfortable and happy, I finally lied down on the couch in exhaustion. I nursed the baby until she fell asleep, and the other daughter cried and fussed because she was covered in hives (new soap, long story).

Finally, she laid down on my feet and fell asleep. My feet ached and my legs started to cramp from the heavy toddler laying on my feet, but I wasn’t moving after trying to get her to sleep all night!

Before I finally fell asleep for the much needed hour of sleep I got :), I realized that though these nights are exhausting, I am going to miss it so soon. Things are going so fast and my babies are growing so quickly. Soon I will wish that my girls were small enough that they would need their momma to rock them to sleep. Soon I will not hear their cries for me at night, and I will miss it dearly.

I cannot have any more children, and that breaks my heart more than anything… but I am grateful for the realization that each moment is a gift! I hope I can always remember that each moment with my children is a precious gift from God.

1. Tara and Dan Stewart

Holy moly, girl!! You’re like the energizer bunny. How do you do it? I’m cranky pants if I don’t get enough sleep :). You’re such a great mom!

April 12, 2008 at 5:39 am

2. Tara and Dan Stewart

April 12, 2008 at 5:39 am

3. Ann

I just didn’t add the parts where I felt like a cranky pants, too :)

April 12, 2008 at 5:41 am

4. Ann

I just didn’t add the parts where I felt like a cranky pants, too :)

April 12, 2008 at 5:41 am

5. chantilita

LOL Cranky pants… sounds like something Joe would say! :D I think God must endow women with extra adrenaline or a caffeine drip they’re not aware of lolThat’s the great thing about being an Aunt… you get to go to sleep! :) but anytime you need a break, you know I’ll be on a plane out there!! :) BTW, it was so great to talk to Maggie today! LOL she’s so cute :)

April 13, 2008 at 2:12 am

6. chantilita

April 13, 2008 at 2:12 am

Oh, we do know the feeling!!! Kiddo won’t rock with me anymore, which is unfortunate, now that we have the glider fixed! Maybe we’ll have to try next time he’s feeling sick and extra-snuggly…The growing-up parts are good, though, too – I remember one of the comforts to me when I realized how quickly Kiddo was growing up, and that was that in the eternities, we’ll have clear memories – all things present before us – so we’ll be able to relive all of those cherished moments. That, and eternal increase… it’ll be grand. *sniffle*

April 13, 2008 at 3:28 am

April 13, 2008 at 3:28 am

9. Christine

Dearest mighty Annala,Wowie. You inspire me. When Tory and I have kids, I hope I can have that much energy! I don’t know that I ever will though! I will probably be cranky pants all the time (no more Chrissie pants)! And, oh, I literally got all teary-eyed when I read this one. It breaks my heart to think of you not being able to have more kids, but I also then think that your house is so full of love, it might just burst with any more. So I know you will enjoy those darling little girls you have now. And your wonderful husband, too, of course! Can’t forget him. :)

April 14, 2008 at 10:39 pm

10. Christine

April 14, 2008 at 10:39 pm

11. Ann

LOL…I forgot about the Chrissie pants!! :)

April 14, 2008 at 10:43 pm

12. Ann

LOL…I forgot about the Chrissie pants!! :)

April 14, 2008 at 10:43 pm