Help Meet

Years ago, I met a man who inspired me.

I signed up for a marriage and family course, just because I was so inspired by him that I wanted to learn how to be a fantastic wife someday.

And though I loved that class and gleaned so many good and wonderful truths that I still put into practice in my life, no class could have taught me as he does.

He is the one who holds me when I cry, who listens until I wring every thought and emotion out of my heart, who rises early with me to do yoga together, who forgives again and again.

It is he who has taught me how to love, forgive, serve, and care.  He is my daily class on love and marriage.  It’s he who teaches me not the “How do I love Thee,” but “How do I show that I love Thee.”

I think the most beautiful thing of all is that we are two lives aligned into One life.  Not two separate paths.  One joined life, one joined passion and path.  My dreams are his.  His dreams are mine.

What do you learn from each other?  I would love to hear.  Do you tell him everything?  Do you listen to everything?

1. talking to him is definitely cheaper than therapy. he hears every single thing that goes through my head: the good, the bad and the ugly.
    What I love most about us is how he inspires me to be better; a better human, a better woman, a better wife, a better mother. There’s no one on this earth I trust more. I love to hear him talk about our life together and love that he misses us when he’s at work. He really is the very best for me and I’d like to think I’m the very best for him :)

January 6, 2011 at 6:13 pm

• You definitely are the best for him…that was always evident when we saw you guys! :)

January 6, 2011 at 10:26 pm

2. Well I don’t tell him everything, but I do tell Him and her everything, and I do my best to be there for her. :)

January 7, 2011 at 7:14 am

• Ann

January 7, 2011 at 9:17 am

3. heather menlove

So sweet! I love your blog it ALWAYS leaves me wanting to be better. It is inspiring & filled with the spirit! Thank you I need it. (jesse helps me to not judge or jump to conclusions)

January 8, 2011 at 8:53 pm

4. I had an epiphany the other day: I’ve become the woman I’ve always wanted to be.

It’s because of him.

My heart is safe with him. I can tell him anything I’m thinking, even when I’m overthinking and I think it’s ridiculous, he listens kindly and looks me in the eye.

He lets me be myself, and encourages it.

What a wonderful thing–to be with someone and know that even your deepest thoughts are safe. I love being loved by him.

January 8, 2011 at 9:28 pm

• Ann

ahhh…that’s why we love Tyson :)

January 8, 2011 at 10:13 pm

5. Debbie Domenici

You two are a wonderful couple and everyone who sees the two of you together knows and sees how much you love each other.

As with you, I am so grateful for my other half. I don’t know where I would be without him. He is who makes me whole!

April 11, 2011 at 5:15 pm